The Complete Idiot's Guide to Amigurumi by June Gilbank
Sorry, the limited signed copies have sold out! How about buying a copy from Amazon instead? And personalize your copy by ordering a FREE signed bookmark from me!
Amigurumi (pronounced ah-mee-goo-roo-mee) is Japanese for “crochet (or knit) stuffed toy.” Although the concept originated in Japan, the amigurumi craze is taking over the world in waves of crocheted cuteness! From adorable fuzzy critters, to sweet-looking fruits and vegetables, to quirky comic book and cartoon characters – if you can imagine it, you can crochet it!
Whether you’re an experienced crocheter or have never taken hook to yarn, The Complete Idiot’s Guide to Amigurumi shows you everything you need to know to hook your own delightful amigurumi. This helpful guide includes:
- A primer on the yarn, hooks, and stitches best for amigurumi, plus fun embellishments you can use to personalize your ami.
- Easy-to-follow tutorials for getting started, increasing and decreasing, working in the round, changing colors, and more.
- Expert advice on adding eyes, hair, jointed limbs, clothes, and other fun accessories to your ami.
- Tips for following an amigurumi pattern, plus four start-to-finish patterns to give you a head-start on designing your own.
- A full-color insert with inspirational photos of the finished ami patterns featured in the book – and more!