Ribbed Ripple / Turtle Beach is an original crochet pattern by June Gilbank.
The gentle waves of this ripple are highlighted by the ribs at the edge of each stripe. The Ribbed Ripple stitch pattern works up into a beautiful blanket with a wave stripe repeat in any 2 (or more) colours, or make the Turtle Beach version with sand and sea colours, either as an afghan square, a playmat for aquatic toys, or a full blanket. Use the optional edging instructions to square off the rippled top and bottom edges, so you can e.g. use this as a square in a larger blanket, or turn it into the front of a cushion cover.
Yarn: worsted weight yarn
• approx 75m/80yds total for a 10"square
• approx 1300m/1400yds for a 3ft x 4ft blanket
Hook: H US/5mm crochet hook
Size: any size blanket/square of your choice, but the pattern includes specifics to make a 10"/25.5cm square and a 3ft x 4ft (36x48”, 91x122cm) blanket.
Please note: to complete a Turtle Beach blanket, you'll also need some turtles! The Baby Sea Turtle Collection pattern is for sale separately, from my shop.
This Ribbed Ripple / Turtle Beach pattern is Donationware - the Ribbed Ripple pattern and the Turtle Beach square and basic instructions are available to view online for free (links here: Ribbed Ripple; Turtle Beach), but if you like them please consider sending me a donation to show your appreciation, and to receive the exclusive bonus content:
- Full patterns to make 3ft x 4ft Turtle Beach blankets with either 4 or 5 shades of yarn (yellow, white, and 2 or 3 blues)
- The modifications required to turn my Hatching Turtle (from the Baby Sea Turtle Collection pattern) into a Swimming Turtle that looks like the back half of its shell is submerged.
- Optional edging instructions to square off the rippled top and bottom edges, so you can use this as a beach-themed square in a larger blanket, or turn it into the front of a cushion cover, for example – and there are lots more applications.
- Any-size modification instructions, so you can make any size afghan square, a baby blanket, or even a huge blanket to fit a king-sized bed!
Send me a donation and receive the easy-to-print value-packed PDF version of the pattern as a thank you!
Donations of any size are much appreciated, but please donate as much as you feel the pattern is worth. Just add the amount you wish to donate below, and, once you have checked out and paid, your pattern will be available to download from your PlanetJune account.
Thank you for your generosity - it is much appreciated!